The mission of the City of Philadelphia: Child Care Facilities Fund (CCFF) is to provide support to high quality early childhood education providers located in Philadelphia for the maintenance and improvement of their facilities to maintain a high level STAR rating. The Fund also providers support to STAR 2 providers involved in quality improvement initiatives and meeting additional eligibility criteria.
Providers may apply for a grant for facility improvements that fit in the category of minor to mid-level renovations and/or the purchase and installation of large appliances. The funding limits for the Fund are as follows:
$25,000 for Commercial Center and Group Facilities
$12,500 for Residential Family and Group Facilities
The Fund is made possible by the City of Philadelphia in alignment with the Citywide Early Learning Plan, 'A Running Start Philadelphia', and is being managed by Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) and the Office of Children and Families (OCF).
Applicants must fall into one of the following categories to be eligible to receive an award through to the Fund:
- • STAR 3 and 4 Commercial Center and Group Facilities
- • STAR 3 and 4 Residential Family and Group Facilities
Possible Consideration will be given to:
• STAR 2 Commercial and Residential Center, Group, and Family facilities that meet the following criteria:
• At least 65% of enrolled children are funded through Child Care Works (CCW), Pre-K Counts, Head Start, Early Head Start, PHLpreK, or Free CACFP Status.
• Active participation in TA through the Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) or provide proof the site participated in initiatives such as EQUIP within one year of CCFF application
• Able to move to STAR 3 or STAR 4 within 12 months of CCFF application
Sample Budget Templates
Approved Vendors List
PHMC seeks qualified vendors to be added to a rolling Approved Vendors List for the City of Philadelphia: Child Care Facilities Fund. Please review the Request for Qualifications to learn more and submit a response. Typically, vendors will consist of general contractors, tradesmen, and suppliers.
For more information about the City of Philadelphia: Child Care Facility Fund please contact
Application Release Date – October 2, 2023
Informational Webinar – September 22, 2023. Click here to view the recording.
TA Sessions – Available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays throughout the application period. Click Here to register for TA or email CCFF to sign up for an available time slot. TA sessions are mandatory for all STAR 2 applicants.
Application Deadline November 17, 2023!